What is it? The Climapro 2 is a portable, wireless programmable room thermostat from Glow-worm: its handheld remote-control design works anywhere in the home and allows you to programme weekday and weekend heating and hot water schedules.
Category: Programmable room thermostat
- Mobile control (WIFI in home control only)
- 5-2 day-programming
- Boost function
- Weather compensation
- Load compensation
- Frost protection
1. Mobile controls
- The Climapro 2 is a wireless, handheld device meaning it is portable within the home.
2. Visual features
- The Climapro has a medium-large digital screen with a bright blue backlight
- The colour contrast is poor black-grey text on a light blue background
- When viewed straight-on the on-screen text is clear, but other viewing angels are less good.
- The menu settings contain on-screen prompts
- All of the buttons are labelled with words or symbols
3. Tactile features
- The Climapro 2 has three menu buttons and a large up/down buttons all of which have a faint audible/tactile clicks when pressed
4. Dexterity features
- All of the Climpro 2’s buttons are easy to press and responsive.
- The Climapro 2’s basic functions are relatively simple to use but setting up advanced features is less intuitive
- The on-screen menu prompts and labelled buttons help when programming the device
- The instruction manual contains text and visual instructions
Is there anything I should watch out for?
- There are no audio features on the Climapro 2
- The Climapro 2 is quite heavy to hold, but it can also be wall-mounted if required
Who might want to buy it?
We think the Climapro 2 RF would suit someone who would like to be able control their heating and hot water from anywhere in their home, but doesn’t want to use a smart heating control
Our panel told us
- the remote-control design could make it more accessible for people with mobility impairments
- the weight of the remote-control could make it less accessible for people with dexterity impairments
- the lack of audio verification features made it less accessible for people less visual impairments
- the labelled buttons and on-screen prompt made it more accessible for people with cognitive impairments
To find out more about this product check out these links: