When you join RiDC's consumer panel and take part in research we hope you'll find it a rewarding experience.
Members find it interesting work and gain a great deal from having their say and making their views and experiences count.
Here are some of the things panel members say they find most rewarding about carrying out research with us:
- knowing that my knowledge and experiences really count
- knowing that I'm making a difference
- helping other disabled and older people
- gaining entry into prize draws when taking surveys
- doing mystery shopping, which is often interesting and relevant to me
- having fun and meeting new people at workshops
- getting paid to do research
On principle, we pay our consumer panel members for their knowledge and experience and as a thank you. It's not the top rate that people would charge as consultants but it's not nothing. It's an acknowledgement that the research is important work which we believe can help make a difference to people's day-to-day lives.
Because the work is on an 'as-and-when-needed basis', this is not a way of making a living.
In the future, we'll be looking at having a points system to reward panel members who take part in research.
We'll keep you informed about this.
Email Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org or ring RiDC on 020 7427 2460.