Our information is completely unbiased and we welcome comments.
Download our guides
You can download our guides as PDFs from the relevant sections of our website, or go straight to the guide you want below.
Please note that the Research Institute for Disabled Consumers no longer sends out printed guides.
You're free to print out any of our PDF guides for yourself.
Note that some data may not have been updated recently, as this information was correct at the time of original printing.
But advice and information that isn't product- or date-dependent is still useful, because it's the result of independent, unbiased research carried out with real disabled or older consumers
- Driving safely for life - for older drivers
- Car controls
- Choosing a car
- Family cars
- Getting a wheelchair into a car
- Getting in and out of a car
- Wheelchair accessible vehicles
- Motoring after an amputation
- Motoring with arthritis
- Motoring after a brain injury
- Motoring with cerebral palsy
- Motoring with multilple sclerosis
- Motoring with restricted growth
- Motoring after a stroke
- Choosing cookers, ovens, hobs and microwaves
- Are you sitting comfortably? A guide to riser recliner chairs
- Choosing central heating controls and saving energy
- Choosing energy saving lightbulbs for your home
Telephone: 020 7427 2460
Use our Contact form
Last updated: May 2018