The Research Institute for Disabled Consumers are leading experts in user-centred research involving disabled and older consumers' experience.
Who we are
Founded by Which?, we are an independent, national research charity with a board of twelve trustees, all of whom have personal experience of disability. We are leading experts in delivering user-centred research involving disabled and older consumers' experience.
What we offer
We help businesses, charities and government improve products and services for disabled and older people by providing qualitative and quantitative research services including:
- Consumer audits
- Customer experience
- Product development
- Usability and accessibility testing
- Policy / best practice guidance
Why choose the Research Institute for Disabled Consumers?
Our unique resources and expertise include:
- A growing research forum of over 800 disabled and older people
- Innovative research methods with a reputation for delivering quality and transformative insight
- A wide range of clients, including some of the UK’s biggest organisations, including: Age UK, British Gas, Department for Transport, HS2, Marks & Spencer, Motability Operations, Telefonica O2, Sainsburys, Superdrug, Transport for London
- A tailored, inclusive service designed to meet client needs. We offer a dedicated project manager to shape the project and meet client objectives
- Research partners such as the Business Disability Forum, Intertek (formerly the Which? laboratory) and International Consumer Research and Testing (ICRT)
Contact Caroline Jacobs, Head of Business Development, to discuss projects.
Last updated: August 2018