9 Oct 2020
Usability testing is a great way to evaluate how real consumers actually use a product.
- evaluate both existing and prototype products
- test in the home, laboratory or wider environment
- design and construct test rigs.
See Digital accessibility & usability testing - for information on RiDC digital testing.
Our resources include our
- 1600+ person consumer panel across the range of disabilities and age
- experienced and specialist in-house UX research team
- partnerships with Intertek lab and FIRA lab, each providing extensive facilities for observed trials, rigs and filming.
Case study examples of non- digital testing include
- Packaging - lab based usability trials of packaging and prototype concept testing. Testing to ISO Standard Packaging Accessible Design - Ease of Opening (BS ISO 17480 : 2018). Marks and Spencer, Prostraken, Nampak.
- Platform train interface (PTI) - rig-based usability testing of the train carriage / platform interface for passengers with mobility needs including using wheelchairs. HS2.
- Washing Machines - consumer usability study with blind and partially sighted users.
- Cookers - consumer usability study with blind and partially sighted users.