Research Exchange - June 2016
The event included presentations by partners on two of our new research studies, followed by four discussion workshops and a conference-wide discussion.
With over 50 attendees, including our clients, research partners, consumer panel members and Trustees, the event provided a great opportunity to meet people from different industries and sectors and share experiences and ideas.
New research studies presented:
- Mystery shopping to help create dementia friendly environments & services
Nada Savitch, Innovations in Dementia Co-Director, Katie Antill, Alzheimers Society, Lorraine Brown, Memorybilia and Eric Harris, RiDC Head of Research reported on their joint research.
- Inclusive communications: we’re not all the same
Bob Twitchin and Jenny Borritt from the Communications Consumer Panel (CCP) presented findings from joint research with RiDC, including a film of consumers’ views.
Workshop topics discussed:
- How do you involve people with dementia in consumer research?
What could you do to address the needs of people affected by dementia in your business? How might you investigate needs and experiences?
- Is there more to communicating with disabled customers than large print?
What are the customer communication issues in your business? What have you learned from the CCP research?
Presentations and resources
- Mystery shopping to create dementia friendly environments and services - presentation
- Lorraine, Memorybilia - speech about living with dementia
Last updated: May 2018