If you need extra support, sit in the same chair for long periods or find it difficult to sit down or get up, you may find you need to look at specialist seating. This information about riser recliner chairs can provide you with practical advice to help you get one.
- Do you need extra support?
- Do you sit in the same chair for long periods?
- Do you find it difficult to sit down or get up?
If you find it difficult to sit down and stand up, you may end up in the same chair all day unless you have someone to help you. Or if you can't get comfortable, you may end up staying in bed. Some people even find they can no longer stay in their own home. Getting the right riser recliner chair can help keep you independent.
Riser recliner chairs
- come in a variety of shapes, sizes and prices
- can cost anything from £350 for a basic model, up to £7,000 for a chair with special features.
- It's important to try out any chair before you buy - have a good long sit to make sure it'll be comfortable, and try out any special features that you might need.
Last updated: October 2016
Introduction | Next: Chairs and sitting