User generated content
The following terms apply when contributing reviews or forum posts to any of the Research Institute for Disabled Consumers' websites or when using any of our interactive services.
Please take the time to read and understand our terms and conditions. You should not use any of our services unless you agree to these terms. They apply in addition to the terms and conditions.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
What we will do for you
We may edit or delete the content you provide at any time at our sole discretion, although we have no obligation to review the information you provide.
What you should do for us
Please behave responsibly when adding content to our websites. By using any of our interactive services, you agree to the following.
You will not use our websites in any way that is:
- illegal or unlawful, or likely to encourage illegal or unlawful behaviour
- likely to damage the reputation of the Research Institute for Disabled Consumers
- likely to be a nuisance, harmful or deceptive to any other person
Any content you add to the website will:
- be factually accurate and/or be your genuinely held belief or opinion, based on facts
- not be defamatory, obscene or offensive
- not infringe the copyright, trademarks or any other intellectual property rights of another person
- not promote your own or your employer’s business, or otherwise include any advertising or promotional material
You will not try to access any confidential information (including usernames and passwords) of any other person.
You must be over 18 years old or, if under 18, have the express permission of your parent or guardian to use the service.
If your children use our interactive services, please help us with their online safety by making sure they understand the potential risks of using the internet.
Please tell us as soon as you can if you think someone is misusing any of our interactive services.
Other important information
You grant us a non-exclusive licence to use the content you add to our websites. For example, we may use this information for our marketing materials or lobbying.
What happens if you don’t comply with these terms? We will treat any non-compliance as a serious issue, and if we think you have breached any of these terms we may take any action that we consider appropriate. This may include:
- the temporary or permanent suspension of your access to our websites;
- taking legal action against you, possibly to recover any financial loss that we have suffered as a result of your actions; or
- publishing a statement on any of our websites detailing your actions.