What is it? The T6 is a smart, programmable thermostat from Honeywell that can be used to control and programme your heating and hot-water via the device and an mobile app
Category: Smart heating control
- Mobile control
- Hands-free controls
- Automation and geolocation
- Seven-day programming
- Zone control
- Boost function
- Automatic frost protection
1. Mobile control
- Can be controlled via the Honeywell Home app (iOS or Android)
2. Hands-free controls
- Voice-control works with Amazon’s Alexa, Google Assistant, Siri and IFTTT (If That Then This - a program which makes your devices and apps compatible with each other)
3. Visual features
- The device has a large, colour touchscreen display with a backlight
- The colour contrast is predominately white text on a black background
- The current room temperature is displayed in medium-large numbers in the centre of the screen
- A small red flame comes on to indicate when the heating is on
4. Audio output
- The T6 doesn’t have any audio output, but the Honeywell Home app works reasonably well with Apple’s VoiceOver screen reader and most buttons are clearly labelled
- When the T6 is paired with used a smart speaker some voice verification is available for basic features
5. Dexterity features
- The T6 has a touch screen interface and can be used with a mobile app and smart speakers.
- The basic functions on T6 are simple to use (such as turning the temperature up.down), but the advanced functions on the device and the Honeywell Home app are not very intuitive and the menus are complex.
Is there anything I should watch out for?
- The T6 interface is a touch-screen and it has no additional tactile or audio features unless used with the app or paired with a smart speaker.
- The menu labelling and layout is complex and not very intuitive
- Apart from the current room temperature, other on-screen text and menus are quite small and difficult to read
Who might want to buy it?
We think the T6 would be great for people who already use some smart tech (e.g. a smart phone), who would like a very visual smart control and would like lots of control over their heating and hot-water
Our consumer panel told us…
- When used with voice-control features or a compatible screen-reader the T6 could be useful for people with visual impairments
- The mobile controls and touchscreen interface could be useful features for people with mobility and dexterity impairments
- The complexity of the device and the Honeywell Home app could make this device difficult to use for some people with cognitive or memory problems
To find out more about the Honeywell T6 check out these links: