The Bosch WAB28162 washing machine has the following ease of use features:
1. Tactile features
- This machine has a dial and raised buttons for start/pause, pre-wash, SpeedPerfect (faster but uses more energy), time, and spin speed.
- The dial to select the programme clicks into place.
- The detergent tray has raised markings to indicate compartments. There are no raised markings to indicate fill lines.
2. Audio output
- The buttons do not make audible tones when pressed.
- This machine makes a series of beeps when the cycle is done.
- There is no audio output when an invalid selection is made.
3. Visual contrast
- There are LED lights to signal when the start/pause, pre-wash, and SpeedPerfect buttons have been pressed.
- There are no touchscreen elements.
- The digital display shows the time remaining throughout the cycle. It also shows the time and spin speed when setting the machine. The digital display uses large red font on a black surface.
- A red mark on the dial matches up with the programme selected. The programmes around the dial are written in black on a white background. The font size is acceptable.
- You switch on this washing machine by turning the dial to the desired programme and pressing the start/pause button once.
- The buttons are large and well spaced.
- The control interface is manual.
- It has 15 programmes.
- The digital display shows the time remaining in each cycle.
- There is no audible verification for either the dial or the buttons.
- The dial clicks into place and the buttons are tactile, but not very protruded.
- You can pause the cycle using the start/pause button.
- There are no auto-cleaning programmes or settings.
- The detergent tray is not very easy to remove and clean. The compartments are small and not easy to wipe down.
7. Smart features
- There are no smart features.