The John Lewis JLWM1428 has the following ease of use features:
1. Tactile features
- This machine has a dial and a tactile power button. All other functions are touch control.
- The dial to select programmes clicks into place and has a raised pointer that lines up with the programme selected.
- The detergent tray has raised markings to indicate compartments.
2. Audio output
- The controls have an audible tone but it is not very loud.
- The JLWM1428 will beep once if you make an invalid selection.
- The machine emits an audible tone when it's powered on and off.
3. Visual contrast
- The programme settings have corresponding LED lights above them.
- The dial has a black pointer that lines up with the programme selected.
- There is an LCD digital display.
- The colour contrast is grey on white around the dial, white on dark grey on the touchpad, and white on black on the digital display.
- The font size around the dial and on the touchpad is small.
- The machine is turned on by pressing the power button. The programme is set by turning the dial. All other settings are accessed using the touchpad.
- The JLWM1428 is started by pressing the start/pause button once.
- The buttons on the touchpad are large and well spaced.
- This machine has 14 programmes.
- The digital display shows the time remaining.
- The buttons make audible tones when pressed.
- The dial clicks into place and the pointer lines up with the programme selected.
- The touchpad buttons have corresponding LED lights.
- You can pause the cycle using the start/pause button.
- There are no auto-cleaning programmes or settings.
- The detergent tray is not easy to remove and the compartments are small, making them difficult to wipe down.
7. Smart features
- The John Lewis JLWM1428 does not have any smart features.