When you join RiDC's consumer panel and take part in research we hope you'll find it a rewarding experience.
Members find it interesting work and gain a great deal from having their say and making their views and experiences count.
Here are some of the things panel members say they find most rewarding about carrying out research with us:
- knowing that my knowledge and experiences really count
- knowing that I'm making a difference
- helping other disabled and older people
- gaining entry into prize draws when taking surveys
- doing mystery shopping, which is often interesting and relevant to me
- having fun and meeting new people at workshops
- getting paid to do research
See what our panel members say about joining in with research
Watch our YouTube video, where panel members talk about the rewards of being on our consumer panel and joining in with RiDC's research.
I want to actively make a difference in improving products and services for everyone
RiDC panel member
On principle, we pay our consumer panel members for their knowledge and experience and as a thank you. It's not the top dollar rate that people would charge as consultants but it's not nothing. It's an acknowledgement that the research is important and we believe it can make a difference to people's day-to-day lives by improving products and services.
Because the research is on an 'as-and-when-needed basis', this is not a way of making a living.
In the future, we'll be looking at having a points system to reward panel members who take part in research.
Email Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org or ring RiDC on 020 7427 2460.